Posted By Kim Warren, Focus Benefits Group,
Monday, October 08, 2012
| Comments (0)
Servings for 4 people
* 1/2 cup black wild rice
* 2 cups kale
* 2 cups mixed greens
* 1 zucchini, diced
* 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
* 1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
* 1 avocado, diced or sliced
* 1 cup green beans, diced
* 1/4 cup pepitas, toasted (or you can use sunflower seeds)
* 1/4 cup organic tahini
* 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
* juice from a lemon, divided
* 1 tsp sriracha sauce
* about 1/4 cup water (or more, depending on desired thinness)
* coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Cook the rice in a rice cooker or your favorite stovetop method.
In a small bowl, whisk together the tahini, olive oil, half the lemon juice, sriracha sauce and water. Season with salt and pepper. Taste it. Add more sriracha if you like the heat! And if it’s too thick, add a little more water.
In a large bowl, combine the kale, lettuces, rice, zucchini, tomatoes, chickpeas, green beans and avocado. Toss. You could also add other vegetables such as bell pepper, or cucumbers.
Add the tahini/sriracha dressing to the salad and toss to thoroughly coat. Maybe sprinkle a little salt over the whole mess.
Divide up among plates and garnish with toasted pepitas and the more lemon slices.
Recipe from Bevcooks.com. Posted by Focus Benefits Group.