Print Page   |   Your Cart   |   Sign In
News & Press: Arizona Business News Updates

Biz tip: Consider Facebook for your small business

Friday, July 11, 2014   (0 Comments)
Posted by: Rhette Baughman
Share |

In a community where relationships and networking are so important, it is natural for small businesses in Southern Arizona to add a Facebook page to their marketing strategy, especially if members of their target market also subscribe to Facebook.

Advertising


If you are thinking about creating a Facebook page for your business, here are some insights that Mari Smith, “The Queen of Facebook,” shared with the website Smallbiztrends.com

Have a clear idea of what your goals are for your Facebook page. Ask yourself, “What I am trying to do with a Facebook page? Is the profile of Facebook users the same as the market for my business? Am I generating fans to like my product/service, getting visibility, selling my brand and/or acquiring an email list?”

What are you trying to achieve with each post on Facebook? Smith adheres to an 80/20 rule — 80 percent of the time you engage on Facebook, you’ll share “a mix of your content, articles, resources and tools.” For the other 20 percent of the time, you’ll post content that asks for the sale or lead.

Smith (http://www.marismith.com) suggests updating once or twice a day. You want your Facebook “friends” to remember your interesting content and give them a positive impression. Be sure to include pictures, links, customer stories, inside information about your business, and items that people will share on their own Facebook pages to increase the reach to your potential market.

“One thing to keep in mind as a small-business owner is that just because you have 1,000 fans, all 1,000 of those people are not seeing your posts. It could be a fraction of those.” In reality, she says, only a fraction of page fans will see your updates.

So what’s Smith’s recommendation for small-business Facebook use? She suggests approaching it “from the standpoint of generating email leads and gently guiding people to cross into your funnel, your email list, your blog, your website and looking into your offers.” 

Used effectively and realistically, Facebook can be a powerful contender in your arsenal of marketing tools.

Originally posted by the Arizona Daily Star. Written by Diane Diamond.


Get $5k-$20 in Free Marketing: Make 2016 Your Year for Success!

In Business Magazine

Use In Business Magazine as a tool to reach your customers for 2016. Through Print, Online, Social Media, Email & Events, you can realize an additional $5k to $20k in free advertising with In Business Magazine over 2016.

LEARN MORE

Small is the New Black

ThinkSmallBiz

What's trending for 2016? Small Business! This year, resolve to support our local economy by "Thinking Small" at least one time each week! Need help finding a small biz? Visit ThinkSmallBizAZ.com! #ThinkSmallBiz

LEARN MORE

Speakers Forum

Speakers Forum

ASBA is on the cutting-edge of what is happening right now in the business community. We are looking for dynamic speakers to present inspiring and relevant content at future events and become part of our current Mindshare or Storytellers series. If you or someone you know is experienced capturing a crowd and delivering insightful information on sales, marketing, HR, finances, or other topics we invite you to share your knowledge and apply today. We are your partner in business.

APPLY TODAY

RSVP

Experience ASBA

REGISTER

Date: Held monthly
Time: Click to check times based on location
Location: Phoenix or Tucson

RSVP

ASBA Speed Networking

REGISTER

Date: Held monthly
Time: Click to check times based on location
Location: Phoenix or Tucson

Affordable Dental Plans for ASBA Members

Delta Dental

Your smile deserves Delta Dental, the nation’s leading dental benefits provider. With the largest network of dentists, personalized service & special pricing for ASBA members, we make it easy to keep your smile healthy.

LEARN MORE

Have questions on small business and health insurance?

Health Insurance

Get the latest on individual, sole proprietor, or group plans related to small business. We can help you find the right plan for you, and your employees. Click to learn more!

LEARN MORE

CopperPoint Insurance Companies

CopperPoint Mutual

CopperPoint Insurance is Arizona's premiere provider of workers compensation insurance. We've been providing coverage and advocating for Arizona businesses, small and large, throughout the state since 1925.

LEARN MORE

Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal